Gardner Covert Small Pop-up Hook Aligners C-Thru Brown
The brand new COVERT Pop-Up Hook Aligners have been developed as an extremely easy way of creating ultra effective D style rigs by combining a preformed D with one of our superb Hook Aligners.
The result of combining the two key elements of mounting hookbaits in this manner and the very aggressive turning action that the Hook Aligner kicker creates, means rigs using these components will react faster and hook more carp.
The unique Pop-Up Hook Aligners can be used with almost any hooklink material as well! This means that you can now use D rigs with either coated or uncoated braids or even light monofilaments.
So whatâs so good about mounting hookbaits in this way?
The combination of mounting the hookbait a couple of mm off the back of the hook shank on a free moving hinge, along with an in-turned eye, means when the hookbait is inhaled or mouthed by a browsing fish, the combination of the weight of the hook and the angle created by the Hook Aligner will work together so the hook naturally turns down into the fishes bottom lip or scissors where it will take the firmest possible hold.
These Hook Aligners also ensure that the hook twists effectively which ever direction the fish approaches the hookbait.
They are quick and easy to use â no need to steam, shrink or shape before use! Just follow these simple steps:
- Mount a Large Covert Rig Ring on the preformed âDâ and thread the Hook Aligner onto the hooklink using a baiting needle.
- We find it is easiest with a braided hair needle as it doesnât catch pulling through the rubber compound used in their manufacture.
- Position the Pop-Up Hook Aligner (as shown on the diagram) by pushing the Hook Aligner up over the hook eye.
- To ensure that rigs incorporating the Hook Aligners work to their full potential always make sure that the curve of the Hook Aligner faces inwards lining up with the hook point. *Remember - fine tuning of your rigs really makes a difference.
COVERT Pop-Up Hook Aligners can also be used to mount balanced hookbaits and bottom baits they’re not just for pop-ups!
- Pop-Up Hook Aligners are currently available in C-Thru Green, C-Thru Brown and C-Thru Black (Silt) colours.
- Large Pop-Up hooks Hook Aligners are best suited for use with size 2 to 6 hooks.
- Small Hook Aligners are designed to work with hook sizes 8 to 12 hooks.